Saturday, October 2, 2010

He is my Rock!


The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

As I was lying in bed this morning, still in the process of waking up, I started thinking about what my life would be like if Christ wasn't my Pilot and my Rock. 

I wouldn't have to worry about overindulging my love of sweets, nor fighting off all the temptations that come my way. I wouldn't have to deal with being concerned about other people, or whether or not I left a good impression. 

On the other hand, I have tried living my life without Christ. I made all my own decisions, told people off if they didn't like what I said or did, ate as much as I wanted of whatever I wanted, and got up every morning knowing the day was mine to do whatever I wanted and to behave in whatever manner I wanted to.

My life was a mess!! I wasn't very good at running my own life. I was an unhealthy workaholic, and things got very complicated and chaotic at times. I just couldn't seem to find balance or happiness. 

Now God is my Pilot and life is so much easier. Oh, I still have temptations, and I still fall, but at least now I have Someone to pick me up when I fall, comfort me when I'm hurting, and encourage me when I've lost sight of the Light. 

Life has simply become a matter of prayer for me. It's not difficult to raise one's voice in prayer, or to pray from the heart - without words. But the comfort of that Lifeline is ever with me, and if I didn't have that, I'm not sure I'd get out of bed in the morning. 

I have come to lean heavily on Christ, and have seen His answers to prayer, and His unconditional help and support in my many times of need. More than once, I have literally felt or seen His immediate answers to my prayers, and other times I've had to be patient because His decision was for me to wait. 

No sincere prayer is ever unheard, and every prayer receives an answer. Do you think because God says no, that He has not answered your prayer? Not at all. Sometimes the things we seek are not for our own good, or the time is not right. I can look back on my past and see how God's decisions have opened up doorways for me that I never could have opened, or even foreseen, or He has closed doors that weren't meant for me to open.

Yes, God is always there, and He is only a prayer away! Make Him your Rock and Foundation today. I guarantee you that your life will be more blessed than you could ever imagine! 

3 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

What a great post--one that I needed today. Sometimes, I take the wheel away from him, and try to steer myself. It never works out---but for some reason--I can't seem to help it
Thank you!

Cathy said...

A great post, Martha ~ Your blog is pretty. Blessings ~

Pia said...

love what you said, "No sincere prayer is ever unheard, and every prayer receives an answer." so true. and "More than once, I have literally felt or seen His immediate answers to my prayers, and other times I've had to be patient because His decision was for me to wait." i can very much relate to that.

beautiful post.