Monday, October 11, 2010

Let Go and Let God


As children bring their broken toys, 
with tears for us to mend, 
I brought my broken dreams to God,
because He is my friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
in peace to work alone, 
I hung around and tried to help,
with ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them back again
and cried, "How can you be so slow?"
"My child" He said, "What could I do?"
You never did let go."

~ unknown ~

I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1

1 comment:

Kiera said...

I stumbled across your blog today. He led me here. The past few days I have been feeling forgotten and neglected by several important people in my life. I am a mother, and most of the people in my life are not (yet). I am struggling with the feeling of being forgotten by them. I am a faithful Christian and a strong believer in prayer. Thank you for lifting my spirits.